- To fit that fabulous wedding dress/tuxedo
- To fit in clothes that are fashionable and not on the Plus rack
- To fit smaller, nicer shoes (yes you do lose shoe sizes as you lose weight)
- Because you have had a joint replacement done (hip or knee)
- To lessen the risk of injury from a fall
- Because you are nowhere near the societal norm and you are tired of being harassed about it
- You look in the mirror and cringe (or avoid looking in mirrors altogether)
- You have a young child (or children) that can outrun you - risky at times
- You want to fall pregnant
- Your cholesterol and other lab results are scaring your doctor and you
- Your blood pressure is too high and is causing kidney and heart problems
- You are diabetic (type 2) or pre-diabetic
- No-one of the opposite sex is interested in you and you want to change that
- You take stock of where you are in life and want change,weight loss may be a starting place
Think about what your incentive to change would be. Make a vision board for your wall or computer screen that you look at daily as a reminder. Put down the smaller steps to reach that goal and put a time frame to help you reach it sooner. Research if you need to find out what steps you may need to follow. Ask people as well; friends, doctors, nutritionists, exercise specialists, anyone you think will help you reach your goal. It could be a surgeon. They will help you get the initial weight loss start but it is still up to you to keep going. Being lighter in weight will make it easier for you to do the on-going exercise needed for long term weight maintenance. Whatever works for you is what you use. Others will tell you what they did but one size does not fit you all. Explore and engage your mind, body and soul in making your life better. You are worth it and let no-one tell you otherwise. You are unique. The world needs unique people to shake it up. Let me know how you did.
Me, I lost 2 inches on my hips and thighs in 7 days. I hope by next week it will be even more. Good luck and good management to everyone.