Sunday 15 September 2013

116 kgs 15th September 2013: next week in the 115's or less is my goal

I gained 0.3kgs at the start of the week which gave me a reality check. To make a difference I did a lot more walking: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and a very long walk on Friday. Mum and I were out and about at the shops for 4 hours+. This time I did feel a bit sore by the time I got home. With a short rest I could get up to cook the tea and put away our groceries at the same time. No back spasm crippling me like it used to. Positive reinforcement of the changes occurring in my body. Today my weight has reached 116 kgs and next week my aim is 115kgs or less. I'll put it in this blog to help me keep on course. I have a party to go to on the 24th October and it would be nice to be much closer to 100kgs than I am now. At the moment, no matter what I lose, it is the lowest I have been in the last 10+ years anyway.

I am noticing it is going from the top down and the bottom up. I don't always see the difference but I feel it in my clothes and body. I am like an anorexic in that I still don't see differences occurring. The mind is a powerful delusional tool at times. My brother has a friend who is much further along on this process and he is finding that he has become more invisible to people and it amazed him. When he was 140kgs people automatically got out of his way when he was walking. Now he is approaching a more normal weight of 90kgs he has to negotiate the footpaths like everyone else. At first he didn't like it but now he is taking it as a positive response to his weight loss. As an older woman I have become invisible to a lot of people but I admit you do get right of way when walking when you are larger in size. I may still get it as I am often with my Mum and she uses a mobility scooter. Only nutty Asian ladies leap in front of her.

I am not going to sleep early enough at the moment. I am not sure if my thyroxin is too high with my weight being lower. I shall get it checked with the next blood test. I shall have to keep the exercise level going and take my tablets earlier in the day. Might have them in my nightstand and take them when I first wake. I'll try that and see if there is a difference in when I feel like going to sleep. Last night I read a whole book and did not go to sleep till 6 a.m. this morning. I was up again at 10 a.m. Exercise early in the day helps sleep later so they say (the invisible THEY). Of course Pinterest might be the problem too. I am hooked on that.




 




Latest photos taken today. The more black and white one was taken almost a month ago. You might be able to notice that the shoulder, arms and upper chest are less than what they were. That abdominal fat will be the hardest to get rid off. I will do some sit ups at the gym too and check which weight exercise will improve my back and stomach muscle tone to straighten my spine again. It has spent so long trying to hold up a big stomach that the S-curve is more pronounced than it should be.
 
NEXT WEEK'S GOALS
  • Walk daily
  • Gym at least 3 times to get muscle tone back
  • Eat more protein
  • Drink at least 1200 mls and 1500 mls for preference
  • Take vitamins every day with tablets
  • Take tablets on early waking
  • Have light out by 12m.n. each night
 


No comments:

Post a Comment