Tuesday 9 July 2013

9th July 2013 A change in time

I got a phone call from my doctor's receptionist today while I was out. I now have to be at the hospital by 7a.m. The lady before me was coming from Waiheke Island and the first ferry does not get in till after 7.30 a.m. Less time to worry and wait on the day, I suppose. The surgeon, Dr Stephanie Ulmer should be bright, alert and ready to go.

My mother is going, on Sunday, to stay with my brother for a couple of days. At least I won't wake her when I get up around 5.30 a.m. to have a shower and wash my hair. I like to be as clean as possible before an operation to lessen the risk of infection. If I don't feel like lifting my arms to wash my hair for a couple of days at least it will be clean.

I will eat something that will be absorbed easily the evening before so my blood sugar starts off a bit higher than usual at the start of the op. This helps me be more alert post-op and I don't vomit. That is something you do not want to be doing when they have just done some major work on your stomach.

Today I went to Howick to attend KIP (knitting in public) Club. I had finished a friend's jumper and wanted to give it to her. I won't be able to go to next week's one. I took the time to have a look into some op shops. I got some very useful knitting patterns (8 for $3). The time I took to walk to each shop, the library where it was held and connecting with the buses then getting home was my walk for the day. It was nice to do something different. Yesterday I spring-cleaned the hall and bathroom -gave me a 0.2kg weight loss on the scales - tomorrow I tackle mum's room. The rest of my exercise today was crocheting a blanket that will go to charity. 

 
 
Sometimes I feel that the motivation I need is the one above. Pity they died out so long ago. Just have to use my willpower (often non-existent) or my free will. My brother is paying for this operation and I will do my best to make both him and myself proud of the end result

No comments:

Post a Comment